Chief News Director - Wellington
We're looking for a super-motivated leader with excellent news sense and story-telling skills to take up this coveted role and lead our Wellington team.
As the Chief News Director, reporting directly to the Wellington editor, you'll help ensure our audiences find important, compelling journalism and a captivating mix of stories across our print and digital titles, whether they choose to read them in The Dominion Post, our community titles, on Neighbourly or on stuff.co.nz, NZ's most popular news and entertainment site.
Driving an audience-first newsroom approach you'll be responsible for managing our news directors, reporters and visual journalists, finding, commissioning and publishing high-quality journalism, relevant to all our audiences and focusing on ensuring continued growth throughout New Zealand.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for driving content and playing a key leadership role in the Wellington news team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and news sense.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting and advancing Stuff's commitment to journalistic excellence
- Commissioning and publishing high quality, relevant content to our audiences
- Collaborating with key editorial staff across Stuff's newsrooms and verticals
- Working with the Wellington editor to help lead the newsroom team, effectively managing and mentoring staff with a focus on work performance and professional development.
To be successful in the role, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Expertise in managing large teams of journalists
- Significant experience in a leadership role in a digital newsroom
- Deep understanding of what kind of content works online, print and/or both
- Media law training
- Journalism qualification
- Competent at planning and commissioning content
Benefits of working with us:
- Opportunity to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion
- Medical insurance & Kiwisaver
- A strong reward & recognition programme
- A generous parental leave policy for any employees that are the primary or secondary carer
Think you can do the job? Then apply now and start your journey with Stuff today.
Stuff is New Zealand's leading multimedia company, the home of stuff.co.nz and Neighbourly.co.nz, The Dominion Post, the Sunday Star-Times and Sunday News, as well as The Press and many other mastheads throughout the country.
Stuff embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: Stuff does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Stuff is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Posted on||07 Jan 2020|
|Closes on||28 Jan 2020 22:00|
|Work type(s)||Full Time|
|More details (document)|